Friday, May 29, 2009

The CAVAPS logo for 2009



This is the logo for CAPVAPS, the Conference on Australasian Vertebrate Evolution, Palaeontology and Systematics. The design is by Katie Huang but it is based on the Thylacoleo I drew on my zoology practical book back in 2007. You can see the original in it's context below.

I was invited to attend these event and listen to palaeontologists talk about their research but unfortunately I was not able to go because it clashed with my exams. It was a real pity because I lost an opportunity to put myself forward as a future palaeontologist and a palaeo-artist. I regard this as my first big break and I don't get to promote myself!!!! I hope that Henk Godthelp will be kind to me and put in a good word for me. Henk has been so good to me as my contact in the University of New South Wales.



No comments: