Friday, December 28, 2012

My constant companion

I did this drawing in 2011 when I was writing my Honours thesis: ,
It actually took me two years to complete because of my workload. Honours was a torturous time for me. The only thing that drove me forward was my dreams and aspirations. Drawing is the process by which I consolidate wh I am. The drawing is a process of my being. This was not being respected during my time in Sydney and this is the major reason why I am not living there. Aquiline is my alter ego and in this life, which has been a solitary psychic struggle until quite recently, Aquiline is my inner shadow self, a large part of my spirit. When I draw Aquiline I feel what it is like to be Aquiline. I feel the power in his muscles and the fluidity of his movement. His body taut like a coiled spring and ready for action, is pelt glimmering and metallic like flowing thick water. Aquiline's eyes are forever watchful, missing nothing inthe darkness in the void that is the underbelly of human nature, and challenging what is dangerous with their firey crimson hue. I feel unity and harmony within myself. I kept looking at this drawing regularly to remind myself of my personal power and that no-one could beat me into submission or make me become anything that was not true to my nature. I gave the original away but I did scan it before doing so. I printed out a copy and pinned it to a kitchen cupboard. In the morning it looks really awesome because I made kitchen curtains out of shock which is an aquamarine colour with a yellow metallic sheen. During this time,the kitchen is bathed in the colour and energy of Aquiline. It feels good to see that my psychic self has a physical expression, a space were it can be visible without having to fight for the right to be.

No comments: