Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mental Formulae



These little drawings are not designed to be anatomically correct. Rather they are for the purposes of developing a mental picture of the form of the animal. Each animals is a collection of shapes and energy lines. Energy lines often follow the movement of the spine and give the drawing a good sense of flow, hence they furnish the image with life. Sometimes you have to step back a bit and pay attention more to harmony, balance and energy. Otherwise the palaeo-reconstruction ends up looking very tight and rigid. The passage above are notes I took when I was listening to ABC Radio National.

Amongst these ostriches are pictures of a robot someone on My Space showed me. It was quite an impressive thing. It was a four-legged beast that could walk over uneven ground, ice, get up when it fell down and was very good at righting itself when it was out of balance. It could even jump and almost gallop. I have plans for robots in the future. :-) Also you can see a little sketch I did of a spider I saw in the geology faculty. In the left hand corner is another picture of an elf that went a bit wrong.

No comments: